Please complete the application form
Ways To Work
We Help People
Ways to Work is a low-interest vehicle loan program that provides small loans to low-income Washington, Greene, and Fayette County residents who are unable to receive loans elsewhere. It is a partnership between the Washington Citywide Development Corporation and Blueprints. The goal of a transportation loan isn’t to steer individuals away from public transit, but to help them pay for a car purchase or maintenance that might otherwise prevent the individual from keeping a job, getting a better one, staying in school, or supporting their families.
Working individuals and families require reliable transportation, but the expense of purchasing or fixing a car can be prohibitively expensive, especially for those with less-than-perfect credit. Ways to Work offers a solution in the form of a safe, trustworthy vehicle or repair loan with a reasonable interest rate. The loan amounts range from $1,000 for repairs to $10,000 for purchase. Monthly loan payments vary from 6 to 30 months, depending on how much the individual borrows and their ability to make payments.
We feel that by bringing this program to the Washington, Greene, and Fayette area, we will be able to help working people improve their financial situations while also sending business to reputable dealers.
To qualify for a loan, you must meet all of the eligibility requirements:
- Must live within Washington, Greene, or Fayette County, Pennsylvania
- Income qualify (household at 80% AMI or below – see chart)
- Have poor, bad or no credit
- Currently employed for at least three months at time of application, working at least 20 hours per week
- Have a valid PA driver’s license
- Do not have a current car loan or co-sign on a current car loan (unless applying for a repair loan)
- Be able to continue to make monthly payments until loan is paid in full
- Participate in a FREE financial wellness class where you’ll learn about budgeting, credit and debt management
If you do not meet these requirements, we are still available to assist you. We offer several support services that can help you on your road to self-sufficiency, including financial counseling (budget development, credit repair, etc.), employment assistance (resume preparation, mock interviewing, job search, etc.) and social supports (referrals to other social services).
If you are unsure about whether or not you qualify for this program or need additional information, please contact Joshua Hart at [email protected].
In Partnership With
Thanks to the Washington Citywide Development Corporation, Community Growth Fund, and Blueprints for their collaborative partnership on the Ways To Work program.